• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to compile single topics in a project?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in the interest of saving time, rather than compile an entire project, is it possible to compile only one topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To what end? Do you mean to generate a single topic and update a published project with just that topic? If so, that's the purview of Publishing and what publishing does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it would be really hard to do, as there are a bunch of behind the scenes files that need to be updated in the context of the entire project (search, index, etc). If you "just" updated for the single file, it might have flow on effects on other topics, breaking your search for example.

So I think the entire project has to be compiled to update all these files correctly. But as Captiv8r says, you can set up publishing to only publish the changed files (I think it's this way by default), which can save some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp