• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to edit the ToC style directly?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was curious if it's possible to edit the ToC style directly and have the changes persist after republishing?

I see TocWriteClassStyle in whthost.js and if I edit it, the changes are visible in the ToC. However if I then generate the project again, whthost.js is recreated blowing away any edits.

I am curious if there is a way to edit the source for whthost.js so that when a new whthost is rendered, it is rendered with the edits? Alternately, if this is not possible, is it possible to have the ToC include an additional custom style sheet?

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is have more icons available within the ToC than just the 3 currently available. Book, Open Book, Page so that we can use custom icons that are associated with the topics, as well as flag icons for translated help files. I have all the control I could want within the topics, but the skin itself seems to be a bit too locked down.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and for any possible leads you may have for me.

Cheers,

Duane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Hi there

There is a group of what I call "seed" files that are installed. I'm unsure of the exact file you need, but you might investigate the files inside this folder location. For me, the easiest way to get there is to right-click the shortcut that you use to start RoboHelp. From there you should be able to either click a button or copy the install folder location for easy reference.

tmp5.jpg

tmp4.png

So you could modify the seed file in this location and it might provide what you need.

I'd certainly make sure to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

There is a group of what I call "seed" files that are installed. I'm unsure of the exact file you need, but you might investigate the files inside this folder location. For me, the easiest way to get there is to right-click the shortcut that you use to start RoboHelp. From there you should be able to either click a button or copy the install folder location for easy reference.

tmp5.jpg

tmp4.png

So you could modify the seed file in this location and it might provide what you need.

I'd certainly make sure to save a backup for our friend Justin.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp