Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the HTML5 layout - Search is broken

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found an issue with the Search function. When I use quote “ “ to find a specific combination of words, sometimes these words are not highlighted.

• I don’t have this issue with WebHelp
  • Our peoples use the double quotes to search a specific combinaison of words pretty often
  • I found this issue with more than 30 combinaisons

Here is an example:

webhelp.jpg

html5.jpg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH? Are you all patched up? Is it happening with one of the sample projects? Does it make any difference if you change to another HTML5 layout design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• We use RoboHelp 2017
  • We are up to date
  • It is happening with all HTML5 projects (12)
  • I tried 3 others layout and the search issue remains present

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening in the sample projects? Does using a different browser have any impact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• We have multiple projects connected to TFS (Team fundation server with Visual Studio 2012) and the issue is present with all projects
  • The issue is present with Explorer and Chrome, but we want to only use Chrome in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But is it happening in the sample projects that RH ships with the product? That will give you a better idea if it's something in your project or with the software itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a blank new project and another with a RH basic project and the issue remains present.....

See:

Test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition, I used a basic topic present in a native RH project. I added the words "Type de plomberie" and watch the search result... It is crazy...:

WebHelp:

test3Webhelp.jpg

HTML5:

Test2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug where if some sort of html tag appears inside the phrase in the topic, the search highlight doesn't work. The easiest place to see this is if part of the search result is bold. However, it can happen if there is a blank span tag around a piece of text - everything will appear normal, display-wise, but behind the scenes it's not.

Can you check a highlighted example vs a non-highlighted example to see if this might be the problem?

If it is the case, you can vote on this bug item, to hopefully get it prioritied:

Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah it is the same bug. I voted on the link that you provided to me. Thank you! I hope Adobe will fix this bug pretty soon. We had this bug with Webhelp there is 2 years and Adobe applied a manual patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp