• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching Webhelp from cloud-based file repository

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company migrated from shared drives to a cloud-based file repository for shared information. Previously, I could publish Webhelp to a folder on a network shared drive and then people could click the help.htm file to launch the help in a browser and navigate content. This was helpful to get product owner review and feedback prior to formally committing the files in the CM tool for the application build process.

We no longer have shared drives, we use Box to manage shared files. I tried copying the output folder to Box and then opening the help.htm file in a browser but it does not work. I am guessing that this cloud-based method adds a layer of identification to the files that prevents the standard file association that RoboHelp expects from working properly.

Is there a way to launch Webhelp from a cloud-based file repository?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not 100% sure but my guess would be the cloud based repository is just that, a repository, and is not configured as a web server. You will need to liaise with them or your IT people on that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT person sent me to the forum for help

Is there maybe another output method that I could use in RoboHelp that would behave the way the Webhelp did in a network environment when stored in a cloud-based repository?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone back to the IT person with my answer? Maybe that is what they need to be told so that they can check that is the problem.

I suspect HTML5 help would have the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at the Box.com site, it appears that they have their own content management system that they want to sell you and migrate your existing content into their platform - did nobody do any research on this before they adopted it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp