• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link PDFs to Robohelp 2015

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add a hyperlink to an external PDF without creating a baggage file? The baggage files seem to be taking up to much memory and slowing things way down within Robohelp .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Where is your project located? Is it on a local C or D drive or is it on a network? If it's on a network, that likely explains the slowness issue.

Another thing that can drag projects down and make performance poor is having too many files inside a single folder of the project. So if you haven't already, you should probably consider creating folders to organize your project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on a network. We keep it in a shared folder so other people on my team can make updates whenever i am out. I inherited this project from a girl that no longer works here. She linked to PDFs without creating a baggage file. I just can't seem to figure out exactly what she did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, technically it's possible to create a link to nearly anything without utilizing RoboHelp's baggage function. The key is in knowing the final pathing to the PDF or whatever.

But without looking at one of her links first hand, it's anybody's guess as to what was done to achieve it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create absolute links to your PDFs and upload them yourself. The danger is of course that you forget when the file is updated, RoboHelp takes care of that for you.

Like Rick, I am not seeing how that would slow down the performance of RoboHelp except when uploading. There it is going to take time the same as if you upload it manually.

You need to be more specific about where the slow performance is occurring. If the project is on a network, then as Rick has said, that can slow things down, it depends on your network. If it is on a network, move it locally and compare.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp