• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked FrameMaker to RH, Numbered Lists w/No Space after Autonumber

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My FrameMaker book is linked to RoboHelp. Initially in the RoboHelp conversion settings, I set the FM numbered list styles to "Convert Autonumber to HTML List" and mapped them to BodyLevel1 and BodyLevel2. That worked fine for the 1st level steps (1, 2,3, ...), but the indentation of the substeps (a, b, c, ...) was weird. The substep text was indented correctly, but the a, b, c autonumbers were aligned directly under the 1, 2, 3 step numbers, leaving a big gap between the autonumber and the text.

Then I set the FM styles to "Convert Autonumber to Text". That let me control the indentation of both levels of autonumbers, but there was no space between the autonumber and its text. Although I changed the indentation parameters in all sorts of ways, I could not create a gap between the autonumber and its text.

Anyone have any idea about what I'm doing wrong or something different I could try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd stick to the "convert to HTML List" setting and then try messing around with the CSS to control how it appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't have much luck the other day, but I'll take another shot at it. Thanks for your reply, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp