• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links Work in Development, not when Published

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using RoboHelp 11 for a quite a while, and running into an issue with links to topics on one page (page has about 40 links). All of the links work fine in development (and when I view the generated output). However, when the project is posted to the internal server for our users, only abuot 9 of the links on this page work. For the rest, nothing happens when the users click.

It just seems to be an issue with this one topic; I have others that have multiple links to existing topics with no issue. Thoughts? Are there just too many links?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are there too many links? I seriously doubt it.

If this is WebHelp, try looking at your Single Source Layout properties. Once there, enable the option named "Use Lowercase File Names (Recommended for UNIX). Re-generate the output and copy the updated files to your server.

See if that changes things.

Also, you may need to ensure you aren't looking at a cached version of the page. So ensure it loads fresh.

tmp3.png

Let us know if it helps!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick,

I really appreciate your input. I tried your idea (BTW: I entered the wrong version - we are using RoboHelp 2015, but found that option); not only didn't fix the problem, made the entire site unable to be viewed from our intranet site

Carle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The server must be configured as a web server. See if the sample projects

have the same problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

I would assume the server is a webserver - it is the company's intranet site. I wouldn't be able to confirm as I am not responsible for it.

The odd part is I haven't had this problem with any other topics that have links to other topics; just this one that has 40 links. I don't think I could get the IT group to let me post a sample, and I am not sure that would show any insight.

Carle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, odd that the option would break everything.

So I suppose some detective work is in order here. I'm assuming that on the page with the 40 links, some of the links work and some don't?

If that assumption is correct, look at one of the working links. Note what the properties are. Then look at one of the broken links. Note what the properties are for that.

If you can, post screen captures here where we can see them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick,

Your suggestion may have uncovered the problem. I noticed on the links that don't work the "Link to:"  isn't pointed to the topic, but to a location on the drive where I am storing the project files:

Certainly would explain why the links aren't working on the server. I will go through and fix these links. But this does raise a question: how and why did the link codes change? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Carle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were a server issue, it would apply to all links so I think we can discount that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp