• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make misspelled titles searchable?

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the titles in my project list the correct vendor spelling of a tool. If a user does not know the correct spelling, he cannot successfully search for the tool in the online output. Is there a way to add terms that would make these topics searchable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Try clicking the Output tab and choosing Synonyms. Then you may configure Synonyms to lead them to the topics. This feature only works for the web based outputs though. I don't think it will work for CHM files if that's your help poison of choice.

FOA.png

Another way you could approach it would be to edit the topic properties and add the other terms there.

2017-06-14_14-33-16.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, you are describing the beauty of an Index!

But I know that everyone just wants to search. So you might try employing the Search Synonym function.

Sorry, but my crystal ball is all shattered and it really messed up my psychic skills when that happened. As a result, I'm unable to divine what version of RoboHelp you are using.

What version of RoboHelp are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that Rick. Shouldn't you know?  RoboHelp2015, version 12.0.4.460.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking the Output tab and choosing Synonyms. Then you may configure Synonyms to lead them to the topics. This feature only works for the web based outputs though. I don't think it will work for CHM files if that's your help poison of choice.

FOA.png

Another way you could approach it would be to edit the topic properties and add the other terms there.

2017-06-14_14-33-16.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. I was able to add a keyword to a new topic, and that seems to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another random question, is there a way to add keyboards to topics that are already created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you meant to type keywords.

The topic properties dialog may be presented at any time by right-clicking the topic in the editor (in which case the menu option will present Topic Properties) or by right-clicking the topic in the Project Manager pod or the Topic List pod.

Note that if you choose the topic while in the editor or in the Project Manager pod, you are only able to add keyword(s) to just that topic. If you are in the Topic List pod, you are able to select more than one topic, look at properties and assign the same keyword to multiple topics.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp