• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing snippets, variables, stylesheets, etc with multiple projects and authors

Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can share their strategies for ensuring variables, snippets, stylesheets, skins, conditional tags etc stay synchronised between multiple projects with multiple authors?

Do you have an automated process? Use the sharing feature? Designate one person to manage the admin side and update all projects on a regular basis?

I'm gathering ideas for how to manage this with the assumption that the other writers will not be technical.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just my two cents:

• I try to avoid multiple projects at all costs. That's the easiest way to keep everything in sync. I use source control to avoid this as far as possible.
  • Use a batch file to copy the .apj files for variables and cbts between projects. (Which are checked in to source control.)
  • Use a script/batch file to copy the latest version of the CSS files to all projects when updated.
  • For snippets, I use the resource manger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp