• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map IDs showing in GUI but not in BSSCDefault.h

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While comparing our BSSCDefault.h to the client's list of map IDs, and found that some IDs listed in the RH Edit Map IDs dialog do not appear in the BSSCDefault.h file.

I didn't find this exact problem in the archives, but in a few other Map ID topics I found that Peter Grainge suggested checking the Map ID Report (e.g.Re: Mapped topic names missing in Map ID dialog).

When I look at the report, the ID is there. Peter, are you saying that looking at the BSSCDefault.h file in an external text editor is not accurate, and it will work as long as it is showing in the report?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking at the .h file included with the output (i.e. in the \!SSL!\ sub-folder) or in the project folder itself? I ask, because even though I tell RH to include it as a Baggage File, I find that I have to manually include in the output folder after generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project folder. We also (thanks to a different conversation with you) include it manually in the output folder after generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thread reported the editor was wrong but the .h file was correct. You seem to have the opposite problem.

The .h file showed what was in the report, it was the dialog that was wrong and what the poster found was that what was in the .h file is what worked. In other words it was the dialog that was the problem.

I assume in the Edit Map IDs dialog you have selected the file rather than all IDs.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the opposite problem, but took away from that thread that the report is more accurate than the .h file. Wrong?

In the Edit Map IDs dialog, whether I choose <All Map Files> or <Project Map File>, it shows the same group of IDs, and these are reflected in the report (and the report says they are in the BSSCDefault.h file). When I look at the BSSCDefault.h file, some are missing.

Unfortunately we are at a remove from the client/developers, so cannot easily test if its working nonetheless. Different developers have provided different lists of map IDs, and are not sure which are actually called anymore, and some have different IDs than were used in the legacy project. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirmed that including the .h file in the \!SSL!\output\ folder fails to add it in RH11 too (was testing in RH10 before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curiouser and curiouser...I copied a sister product's RH project to test/play with (because it's smaller), and discovered it had the same problem - some IDs showing in the Edit Map IDs dialog don't appear in the .h file. However, for this product I do have access to the latest system that the help was updated on, and the help for the "missing" ID does open the correct topic. So it seems the GUI/report are accurate and the mapping works even if the .h file doesn't appear to be complete ???

Guess we'll just keep our fingers crossed and wait to see if they report any broken calls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your case, yes. In the other thread it was the opposite!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp