• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Meiryo UI font no longer in RoboHelp 2015 in Win 10?

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I created in RoboHelp 2015 on a Win 7 laptop. I upgraded to a laptop with Win 10 and I no longer have access to the Meiryo UI font in my RoboHelp project. I need this font for my Japanese translation. It is causing all kinds of problems. Also, any English text I have in my Japanese project is coming out as Times New Roman. Never had an issue before. I switched my CSS to Meiryo rather than Meiryo UI. I tried using Arial on the English words and that did not work, they still showed up in Times New Roman. I had to create Character formatting in Verdana and apply it to all English words to get them to render properly. I tried using a Fontset with Verdana as second font and that messed up the Meiryo font. What happened to the Meiryo UI font in RoboHelp? I know the Meiryo UI font is installed on my system because I can access it in MS Word docs without a problem.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is that the Meiryo UI font isn't appearing in the RH project or the HTML5 output? Or is it both? You say you have the font installed, but did you install it after you had installed RH2017 and upgraded the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Meiryo UI font is not in the RH project. I even tried creating a brand new project to verify that it is not available in RoboHelp at all. The font is installed on my system. I believe it was installed on my laptop when I got it. I installed RH 2015 on the new system. It is just not available in RoboHelp. I will be upgrading to RH 2017 very soon. That could maybe solve the problem? In the mean time I am trying to get the Meiryo font to work for me but it is not working very well. The output does not look as good as it did on Win 7. Plus I have to do extra work to get the English to render properly.

Wondering if this is an issue with Win 10 in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got my versions and upgrades mixed up there - so the font isn't showing up in the RH project - what about in the output you produce? Is it appearing there? Did you have to include it as a baggage file before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this thread that might help - Re: Calibri disappeared from Fonts list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Meiryo UI font is missing completely from within RoboHelp on Win 10. Changing the FontSets did not bring back the Meiryo UI font. The best way to do this is to show screen shots. I opened the project back on Win 7 box and the Meiryo UI font is available and it renders properly. When I open the same project in Win 10 the Meiryo UI font is not available and the output file does not render properly. I can work around the Arial not rendering properly by applying a character font over the top with Verdana. The Meiryo does not look right in Win 10. Do you think this is a Win 10 issue?

Font available in Win 7 and then not available in Win 10.

Meiryo UI Win 7.png Meiryo UI Win 10.png

Arial and Meiryo fonts render properly in Win 7, and then not in Win 10.

Meiryo UI Win 7 output.png

Meiryo UI Win 10 output.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create a new project & check to see if the font was listed in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create a new project on Win 10 laptop and Meiryo UI font is not an option in RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font available in other apps such as Word?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the font is available in Word docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the dummy project, is that font in a font set? I have only looked at this thread quickly so sorry if I have missed something you have covered.

fontadd.png

You could create a new set with just this font.

Try that and post back. Late here but I will look in the morning.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create a fontset called Meiryo UI and I had to manually type in the font in the Available Typefaces list in order to add it. The font is now available in all the UI screens so I can apply that font.

The Meiryou UI font is not available in the Screen Layouts | Basic Settings | Layout font drop-down list. I can type it in manually though.

I still get the English words displaying in Times New Roman so I have to apply the character set on all English words. Any English words in the TOC appear in Times New Roman though. This is an ugly Win 10 issue.

This helped solve part of my problems. The font still does not render exactly as it did in Win 7. It is a conundrum.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem on a project on Win7.

First I checked that the rhfontset.apj file contained the same information as a working project. (in my case it was the same. I opened in a text editor and roughly checked that there were a heap of fonts listed - I didn't actually check one by one)

Then I deleted the cpd and re-opened the project and the fonts were displaying in the dropdown list correctly.

If you find that the rhfontset.apj file on the broken project is blank or only contains a few fonts, try copying the file from the working project, delete the cpd and see if it's fixed. (You can take a backup of the cpd and apj file if you're nervous.).

I can't help with the rendering difference, although it's possible the font is slightly different between the two versions of windows (e.g. newer version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad the Meiryo issue is fixed. Post back when you have tried Amber's suggestion.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I upgraded to RoboHelp 2017. This seemed to fix the issues. I was able to remove the extra English/Arial character formattting that I had previously applied to the English words. Now when I a generate the HTML 5 content, the English words display in a sans serif font and look much better. The problem seems to be with RoboHelp 2015 and Windows 10. When I generated with RH 2015, English words in the Table of Contents were displaying in Times New Roman. Now with RH 2017, everything looks much better.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. This was a weird one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp