• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Webhelp

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My TOC is not appearing when I generate merged webhelp (javascript void).  It did previously.  All looks good in parent and children output views.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pam

Welcome aboard.

Do you mean the TOC panel appears with nothing in it rather than you don't get the panel? I am guessing the answer to that is yes.

Have you tried in more than one browser?

Are you generating all the outputs to a local drive? (I emphasise Generating rather than Publishing)

What version of Rh?

You say "previously". Previous to what, an upgrade, a change of content?

Kind regards.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter - it's actually Beth but I somehow logged on under Pam's name! Anyway, yes, I do not get the TOC panel, but the index, glossary and other customized tabs work find.  I have tried in more than one browser and I am generating (not publishing) the output to a general drive.  I am using RH 10.  When I say previously, I mean change of content.  It worked fine before when generating and now the TOC does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew you two were close but borrowing each other's dresses...

I want to be clear. You don't get the panel or you get the panel and it is blank? Do you get the TOC button?

Is it possible that the default language somehow got changed in one of the projects?

Have you upgraded Rh since last time and what version are you using?

Have you tried in more than one browser?

If none of those get us anywhere, perhaps we can do a screenshare. What time zone are you in?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter. I finally figured it out. To clarify, the webhelp appeared correctly with the all of the navigational buttons including the TOC, but the TOC did not populate. On the bottom left there was an error message Java Script Void.  However, after scrutinizing all of the children I realized that the first child had a TOC identified in the webhelp layout content categories that was not the default TOC.  I changed that, reran the webhelp and it the merged TOC then populated.  Thank you for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to select any TOC but if it is working to your satisfaction, that's good enough.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp