• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microcontent JSON and Video

Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2020.1* (want to test update 2 before deploying to entire RH2020 team)

Testing the microcontent JSON output. Specifically, testing the ability to host/present a YouTube video that I have embedded in a topic. End-goal is to (provide JSON files to developers and work with them) display/present the video in a modal. I've seen the RH 2020 demos that include video in chatbot responses; expectation is that this functionality would extend to JSON output.

Steps:

1. In existing topic, use RoboHelp to insert a YouTube video (so users can play the video in the topic). Also inserted text above the video instructing the user to play the video.
  2. Save changes.
  3. Select instruction text and the video with cursor, right-click, and select Add to Microcontent.
  4. Select the microcontent group and intent.
  5. Save changes.
  6. View microcontent group in RoboHelp. Video appears in Reponse, as expected. Preview mode even correctly plays the video, also as expected.
  7. Generate microcontent in JSON format. Generates successfully.
  8. Go view the actual JSON files. Open and edit each (map.json and specific intent json file with the video) in Notepad ++. I don't see any reference/URL/link in the JSON to the YouTube video (the text that I included instructing the user to play the video is in there).
  9. I'm no JSON expert, but I expected the YouTube video link/URL to be somewhere in one of the JSON files (specifically, the corresponding intent JSON file since that's where the text is). 

Thoughts?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional notes/observations:

• I used the insert video function, selected YouTube, and then supplied the YouTube URL.
  • I inserted a hyperlink to another topic in text that's included with the reponse that contains the YouTube video. That URL appears in the JSON output. 

Why isn't the YouTube URL showing up in the microcontent JSON output? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a bug. We are looking into it and will take up for the next update.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vivek,

Thank you! Until then, I need to deliver a working proof-of-concept for this. Can someone provide the JSON syntax/code format that would otherwise be generated/appear in the resulting JSON output for a YouTube video that's embedded/hosted in an iframe in one of my topics?

Here's the example HTML code from the topic:

<p><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WuFdgue" width="560" height="315" allowfullscreen="" align="" style="cursor: nesw-resize;"></iframe></p>

I'd like to manually edit/modify the RoboHelp-generated JSON output and insert the JSON code required to include the video. This is then going to get handed off to one of our developers, likely to be injected into a modal that can be triggered/viewed from an application. This is just a one-off, proof of concept for a demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is fixed in update 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp