• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft HTML Help (chm) output missing default.css

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the default.css stylesheet not being applied to .chm output.

Everything works OK in Author/Contents (also in Preview). All styles are recognized and applied.

I also have a Master Page with its own stylesheet (book.css). This also works fine.

When I look into the Source, the reference to default.css is there.

The problem is with the generated .chm file. Styles are not applied anywhere, at least not those from default.css. Master Page is still working and displaying its own styles (book.css).

When I check the individual .htm files from the unzipped .chm the references to default.css are gone and the only stylesheet references are to _rhdefault.css and book.css.

I don't see any errors in Output Generation Log. I checked default.css for errors, but couldn't find any.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you only have book.css applied. Apply default.css as well. Make that the first CSS with book.css below and I think it will then work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on what Peter says, I believe the master page stylesheet will override any stylesheet applied to the individual topics. If you want multiple stylesheets, make sure all are applied to the master page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter and Amebr,

I'm afraid it was simply a RH glitch. I copied and pasted all code to a blank project and it works fine again (.chm generates with all style sheets).

I was experimenting with custom html, css and js and sometimes RH gets confused (me too;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp