We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I have a curious situation where a topic is suddenly not appearing in the compiled ToC. The topic is listed in the browser's navigation pane, but when I click on it, a message tells me the file is missing and may have been moved, edited or deleted. From within RH, the topic's file appears in the Contents list and the Table of Contents list, and it can be opened from both lists. Further, when I look in Explorer, the file is there, in the same folder as the other topics that appear with it in the compiled ToC. (These sibling topics display fine in the browser.) What could have caused one file that is certainly not mising in an RH project to be considered missing by a browser?
When you say you can see the file in Explorer, do you mean in the source files and in the output?
Anything unusual about the file name? Is it strictly alphanumerical?
Thnaks Peter. No the file name was fine. But I eventually tracked down the problem by creating a new file and copying in section by section from the original file and testing a generation at each stage. All was going well until I copied over some dropdown text. I didn't suspect there was any problem with the code, since there were no warning flags and the file was rendering perfectly in Preview mode. But checking the code more carefully I spotted a <span style= "*"> with two attributes that weren't separated by a semicolon.(I remember now combining two separate span tags that RH had automatically generated when creating a dropdown. It seemed bloated programming to have consecutive <span style= "*"> each with its own attribute. But I left out the semicolon.)
Still, if that ommision is severe enough to prevent the topic appearing in the generated help system, I would have thought that a warning flag would have appeared in Source view in RH.