• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple DropDown Text within one topic transpose when viewing from the Search tab.

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support Community,

Using RoboHelp 2017, I have topics which contain a question or question(s) for users to answer Yes or No to.  Each answer is programed with drop-down text to provide the user with the appropriate steps to take. Everything looks great when a topic is opened through the TOC; however, when a user searchers for the topic, the drop-down text is swapped when viewing the topic within the "Search" tab. When Yes is selected, the drop-down answer for No is displayed and visversa. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or knows of a fix? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Ah, that explanation helps. I raised a bug about it ages ago for RH11. (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-1229 )

It seems to be fixed in both 2019 Classic and New UI, but obviously doesn't help for RH2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

@Teresa - not a chance - the RH2017 ship has sailed. Any fixes would have to be showstoppers to get back to RH2017 - you're looking at RH2019's patches release cycle (if not the next major version) to see something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe currently has 23 programs included in a full Cloud subscription
Please post the name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the program used within the topic message.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? Is it behaving the same way on all browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are all patched up and it is behaving the same on all browsers. The same behavior was happinging when we had RoboHelp 2014, I had hoped when moving to 2017 it would resolve, but that's not the case. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could download a trial of RH2019 (on a non-production machine) and try out a copy of your RH2017 project with RH2019 Classic and see how it behaves. You can always log an enhancement request through the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We originally started with RH2019 but there were too many issues with the version and went to 2017. Same issue in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I logged it in as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output are you generating and which skin? I'm not sure how you are viewing the dropdown in the search tab - can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on some screen shots for examples to post. But here is an example thus far:

If one of my users searches, "Entering Appointments," and lets say clicks on a topic called "Setting Appointments."

The Setting Appointments topic includes a section where the user has to answer a question to proceed to the next steps. Each answer corresponds to the appropriate steps needed to complete the process. For example:

Open the Client Record

1. Click here
  2. Enter here
  3. Save

Is the appointment reoccurring or a one time appointment?

[]  Reoccurring

[]  One Time 

When the user selects an answer, an 'X' displays within the box and the process for the next steps are displayed as drop down text. A user can select both if needing to print to use as a reference. For example:

Open the Client Record

1. Click here
  2. Enter here
  3. Save

[X]  Reoccurring   []  One Time 

How to Set a Recurring Appointment

1. Select the Appointment icon.
  2. Click here
  3. Save.

If one of the answers (or drop-down text) also has a word used in the Search bar (Entering or Appointments), the drop-down text automatically collapses without the twisty 'X' displaying. For example:

Open the Client Record

1. Click here
  2. Enter here
  3. Save

[]  Reoccurring

[]  One Time 

2. Click here

3. Save.

When a user selects the option "Reoccurring" the drop-down text for "One time" will display. If the user selects "Reoccurring" (even though the process is already displaying due to the search) the drop-down text outlining how to enter a "One Time" appointment will display. This type of behavior only occurs within the search tab.

Flipped example 1 of  2

[]  Reoccurring

[X]  One Time 

2. Click here

3. Save.

Flipped example 2 of 2

[X]  Reoccurring

[]  One Time 

One Time Client

1. Select the Add Client icon.

2. Enter contact information.

3. Click here

4. Select date.

3. Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that explanation helps. I raised a bug about it ages ago for RH11. (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-1229 )

It seems to be fixed in both 2019 Classic and New UI, but obviously doesn't help for RH2017. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did report a bug, but have not heard anything thus far. Hopefully, it can be fixed in RH17.

We did upgrade from RH14 to RH19 in 2019, but we experienced so many issues with the RH19 version. The list features were not functioning at the time and any updates made to an existing stylesheet would crash the system erasing the stylesheet and the skin layout. The majority of the workarounds found were entering css and html5 coding.

After recreating the project quite a few times, we went to RH17 and would look into upgrading back to RH19 once the majority of the bugs had been resolved. Until then I have been trying to get more knowledge and experience with css and html5 coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Teresa - not a chance - the RH2017 ship has sailed. Any fixes would have to be showstoppers to get back to RH2017 - you're looking at RH2019's patches release cycle (if not the next major version) to see something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff! Would not being able to update a skin layout once saved be considered a show stopper?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highly doubtful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confused by the version naming as RoboHelp 2017 was version 13 and RoboHelp 2019 is version 14.

image.png  

2019 Classic

image.png 

2019 New UI

image.png

There never was a version marketed as RoboHelp 2014. Before 2017 there was 2015 and before that RoboHelp 11.

Sorry to be pedantic but it helps people searching. Generally it helps to use the marketing name.

Turning to the problem, Amber has indicated this is fixed in both versions of 2019. You said you had tried in that version but not whether that was 2019 Classic or 2019 New UI. From the fact you refer to too many issues, I am guessing you mean the New UI version.

Has your trial expired and if so, could you try on another machine using RoboHelp 2019 as the Classic version is virtually the same as 2017 other than, as Amber has said, it seems to fix your problem? Let me know if your trial has expired and you cannot try on another machine and I will see if it is possible to get an extension of the trial. No promises but I can ask.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp