Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple word files with links between them

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp Classic 2019 Update 7 (14.0.7.004).

I have a word file "testA.docx" which contains hyperlink ("testB.docx#test2b") that point to another word file in same folder "testB.docx",

in MS word when you click the hyperlink from "testA.docx" it opens the file "testB.docx" and scroll to the required bookmark ('test2b').

When i import these two files in Robohelp it convert the first file to "testA.htm" and the second file to "testB.htm" but the hyperlink in the first file remains ("testB.docx#test2b")  and is not working, i think it should be converted to "testB.htm#test2b".

I have prepared sample word files but i can't find a way to attach them.

I am using RoboHelp Classic 2019, but i already test this in RoboHelp 2019 and it is not working too, any solution/workaround on any version is welcomed.

Please Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you import documents cross document links do not survive. While the first document is being imported, it cannot create the link to the second one as it is not yet in the project.

Sorry but it has always been like that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp