• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NewRelic Topic Tracking instead of Google Analytics

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of Google Analytics script, I’m wanting to replace with the NewRelic JavaScript snippet (generated from their site). I’m having no luck in getting notification when RoboHelp sub pages are loaded, as it uses the initial index.htm page, then the URL of …/index.htm#t=subtopic.htm as it navigates the help file tree. The NewRelic JavaScript snippet executes when added to the index.htm but not when any subtopic page is loaded, as the snippet does not recognize a URL change since index.htm is the parent . Any ideas?

Using Google Tag Manager, hyperlink selection events within the RoboHelp files can be tracked, but has anyone performed this using NewRelic?  The goal is to have NewRelic as one source for tracking website events.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would need to be using a later version of RoboHelp with a Frameless output. There each topic has a unique URL.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I'll let our web support team know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved: During the process of setting up new Browser Application in NewRelic, the process has as options for creating Basic, Pro, or Pro+SPA javascript snippet. I had originally chosen the basic instrumenting script, which did not work. However, selecting the Pro+SPA (single page application), that script snippet does track the RoboHelp sub-topic navigation. And, we did not have to upgrade RoboHelp version, where we are currently using 2017. The script snippet just needs to be included in the main RoboHelp starting index.htm file, per NewRelic instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp