• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No text appears after Registered Trademark symbol in title

Explorer ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 11 in Win 7 to generate HTML5 output.

I'm using Standard Layout 1, and I've put in our product name with a registered trademark system. I'd like the whole title to read

Our Product Name<sup>®</sup> Online Help

I edited the layout to change color and font and add our logo,and I set the title up like this:

LayoutTitle.png

I've got the ® and it's even superscripted correctly, but then the words "Online Help" don't appear. It looks like this:

Incorrect Title Bar.png

Can anyone tell me why the remaining words don't appear?

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me how to center our logo horizontally . . . . .

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I performed a small experiment using your suggested Our Product Name<sup>®</sup> Online Help as a title and here is what mine looks like:

tmp1.png

Based on that, my guess is that your logo on the left is wide enough that it pushes the text to the right. And the field for the name seems to have a fixed point, because I see a scroll bar that allows clicking the arrows to bring the rest into view.

Hopefully Willam van Weelden​ will see this post and can advise as to how you might accomplish what you hope to. He's our resident CSS demiGod.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick.

I just tried my system in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Only IE provided the scrollbar on the right, but it still did not display the words "Online Help." I expanded the browser windows all the way, and no additional text appeared. Can you tell me:

Did your entry in the Title Bar field look identical to mine?

LayoutTitle.png

What browser did you use?

Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title text has a width defined for every screen: desktop, tablet & phone. Whenever it becomes too wide, it will break of the title and allow scrolling. On desktop, the browser will show the scroll bar as Rick found. But that is for the Azure Blue & Charcoal Gray skins. The RoboHelp 11 skins work a bit differently, but should support this same behaviour as well.

Which version of RH11 are you running? It looks like you are using one of the 'early' RH11 layouts. In the later patches, new versions were released that fix many issues, including the title. Can you check the RH Patch version (Help > About) and install the 4 patch if required. Then add the Layout 1 to the project again.

The title that you set, will also be displayed in the browser's tab. And that doesn't support formatting, so your <sup> code will end up as HTML code in the title. I think it would be better to add the title manually in the .SLP files so that you can avoid this issue.

As for the width, if you are using the latest version, the browser will take all available width so there is no need to rescale. For RoboHelp 2015, the width a more complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, God. What fresh hell is this?

So now I am learning about editing the SLP. I've found your webinar, "Beyond the Wizard," but I don't see a way to confirm that it covers editing an .slp, short of watching the full hour. Can you tell me if you cover it? If not in that video, somewhere else?

Thanks!

--Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't worry about the SLP. It is basically a HTML file that you can edit. My webinar goes in a bit too far for this.

1. Simply open the Topic.slp from the layout in Notepad or another code/text editor.
  2. Find line 18.
  3. Replace the highlighted text from the image with the HTML you are trying to add in the SSL settings.
  4. Save and generate.

That's all!

SLP edit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp