Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-printing markers in Robohelp 2019

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So I'm working on an older project that was initially created in 2016 somewhere, I believe.  Through the years this project was upgraded and chopped and changed and pushed through so many versions that it's a bit of a headache to work on, but I have to do what I have to do.

So one of the issues I have with this project, currently upgraded to the latest RH2019 version, and on the new layout, is that RH would place random <span> tags in places in the HTML code.  I believe this is due to changes between then and now, in how the software handles and generates code from the text side, as it's not an issue on newer projects I'm working on.  Anyway, those random tags often create extra spaces between words, icons and other elements on the page.

In the earlier versions of RH (I checked and see it's still on RH2017) there was an option to see spaces and paragraph markers (formatting marks).  Paragraphs (line breaks) are indicated by the pilcrow mark (¶), and spaces are indicated by an interpunct (·).  This helped me to spot these issues, as it's pretty easy to spot two dots close to each other when you're looking for it.

On the new layout though (RH2019, Update 12) I only have the option to display the pilcrow, or I don't know how to display the interpunct for spaces.  I don't know why this was removed, as I loved the feature before and not having it now is starting to affect my work quality (I miss random spaces when the work goes in for review and QC).

To show you what I mean, here's a screenshot from a piece from RH2017:

QA4SrW3

I want those little dots back!  Can anyone help with a solution or suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to get those back would be a feature request.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a major problem with the content, would generating a Word document and viewing there help track things down?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I'll have to log the feature request then.  I've tried the export to Word option before, but with the way that it exports the buttons, icons and other elements I have on the pages it doesn't look as proper as it should.

OK the feature request is created:  https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-7387

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp