• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open In New Tab link on Captivate demo pages

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2015 version 12.0.2.384 & Captivate 9 version 9.0.0.223.

I generate Responsive HTML5 help including Captivate HTML5 demonstrations.

RoboHelp inserts an "Open In New Tab" link on the demonstration pages.

How do I stop Robohelp inserting the link?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

You can't stop RH from adding it, but you can remove it easily through your CSS. In the CSS, add the following line:

p.cp_newtab_nav_link{display:none;}

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't stop RH from adding it, but you can remove it easily through your CSS. In the CSS, add the following line:

p.cp_newtab_nav_link{display:none;}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Christmas Willam

I have limited css experience so can you give me more guidance.

1/ Do I add p.cp_newtab_nav_link{display:none;} to the layout.css file?

2/ Do I add it to a particular section of the layout.css file?

3/ Do I prefix it with any other value (e.g. body.media-desktop p.cp_newtab_nav_link{display:none;})

Thanks.
Andy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me, I'd try adding it to the basic CSS file that is linked to the topic. See if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I did what you recommended and yes adding the line to the topic stylesheet did hide the "Open in new tab" link.

One reason why I wanted to hide the link was that in desktop view Responsive HTML5 help shrinks the demonstration and surrounds it with a lot of white space.

I had hoped that removing the link would allow the demonstration to use the freed up space.

Unfortunately even without the link the white space is still present.

Do you know if it is possible to adjust the white space/demonstration size?

Andy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone can tell you how to get rid of it, Willam can. But you may find it more than a bit tricksy to achieve, even with his instructions. Some of the code used for the Responsive layout looks like a heaping pile of spaghetti.

I have no clue how he manages to always know exactly where to look.

Hopefully he will chime in soon... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output rescales the video using an iFrame and it will try to create 'optimal' sizing. But this process is the problem as far as I can tell. When rescaling, the Captivate movie will try to accommodate the available space and the resizing of the movie itself gets skewed sometimes.

Please make sure that there are not paragraph styles etc. in your topic that are adding the whitespace. The whitespace added by RoboHelp is minimal: just a little border around the topic content. You can turn that of in the layout.css using the body.media-mobile selector. RH loads the movie in an iFrame. And it seems the movie is adding whitespace of its own as well. I'm not sure what can be done about that though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Willam.

I am linking to the demonstration from the RoboHelp project table of contents rather than from within a topic.

So its not a case of topic paragraph styles etc adding white space.

If the demonstration is adding its own white then I will have to live it for the time being.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp