Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Predictive Search Not Working - Indigo Layout

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

I am in the final stages of completing my help manual. We are testing it on internal sites before we roll it out to clients. The only issue that is keeping me from publishing it to our clients is the predictive search.

If a user searches for a term and selects one of the suggested options, the application populates the side search menu but just loads forever (screenshot below). If they select the search icon (magnify glass) to search again, the results load. If they close the side search menu and search again, the results load. I cannot figure out why they are not loading with the initial search?

We are on Robohelp version: 13.0.2.334

I am using the Indigo Layout and downloaded the updated file from the Adobe website when I started the project.

searchissue.PNG

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC you had to call the newer updated layout something different (like Indigo2 or something different) and use that. Is it behaving in the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff -

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was going to publish a sample project and push it out to one of our internal test sites, however, I found that the output options varied for the sample project vs my project.

The image on the left displays the output options for my help manual and the image on the left displays the output options for the sample project. I have just been using Responsive HTML for my output because I did not have the ability to choose the others. Could this be part of my problem?

outputoptions1.png                                           outputoptions2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add a new Responsive layout in the sample the same as what you use in your real project & see how it behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The search results loaded for the sample project without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the issue must be in your project then - try using another layout with it & see how that behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff -

I was able to test my project in the WebHelp Pro layout and the search worked but it might be worth noting that this layout does not have the predictive search feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant another Responsive HTML5 layout - anything but the one you're currently using now (Indigo I think you said)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested with a new Responsive HTML5 layout and run into the same issue with the search not loading results.

searchissue2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the issue must be in your project if using the same HTML5 layout with one of the sample projects worked. Does it misbehave if used with different browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is the same in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the project converted from an earlier version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. We had an original help manual, however, I made a completely new project and copied some information over while completely rewriting other portions of the help manual. The indigo layout was not added to the original project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're going to have to contact Adobe Support to have them look into why it's working with the sample & not with your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, thank you! In the meantime, is there a way to turn the search suggestions off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you added a new layout. Did you download that from their website RoboHelp screen profiles and layouts?​ If so that page is out of date as I have repeatedly pointed out.

In your layout, click the Gallery button and create a new layout from there.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I downloaded the Robohelp on my computer in May and the Indigo layout was already available for me to choose from. I do not recall downloading it from the website. The original project was made using WebHelp Pro layout, my verbiage was incorrect when I said I did not add the indigo layout to the original project. I meant that I did not publish the original project with the indigo layout.

If possible, could you please clarify what choosing a new layout is supposed to accomplish? I have done so and have to configure all of my customization all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Towards the end of last year, Adobe issues new versions of the responsive layouts to address issues that were found. The version of Indigo that you used was earlier than that so it does not contain the fixes. Whilst you have updated the version of RoboHelp, that does not give you the new versions of the layouts.

What you need to do is go into your output configuration and click the Gallery button. Select Indigo and give it a different name such as Indigo2. Then generate with that layout. What I am hoping is that the predictive search will then work.

Yes you will lose your customisation. Nothing can be done about that. In RoboHelp 2019 Adobe have changed things so that issues such as this enable them to fix the underlying issues via a product update without you have to start again with the customisations. That doesn't help you but at least you will know that going forward, it shouldn't be a problem again when you upgrade.

This might not be the answer but at least trying a new skin only takes a few minutes. If this isn't the answer, then you will still have the original layout. I am reasonably hopeful though.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I did as instructed (created a new indigo layout from the gallery) and the predictive search was still not working as expected.

To elaborate:

When I initially begin typing the word 'notification', I receive several suggested search options. When I select any of those options I either get a loading image that never goes away or the search results return nothing.

However, if I erase the word then type it again and select one of the suggestions search options, the results return immediately.

The suggested search options are tied to content within the manual so my issue is not the options the search is providing. It just does not initially work for users. My concern is if I roll the help manual out with this behavior I will either receive a lot of support calls for it not working or they just will not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you testing the local output that you have generated or have you got it on a server?

Can you share the project direct with me? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. Also include precise steps for what to enter and when to click on one of the suggested results.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at the output that was already generated in what you sent me and it is working perfectly.

I entered a search term and clicked on several of the results. Then I entered another search term and clicked on several of the results. Everything was instant.

Is the server the help is installed on a web server or a file server? I am wondering if the server configuration is an issue. I uploaded your output to my server and again it worked perfectly. (I have since deleted it).

Another possibility is have the developers uploaded everything in the output folder? I have seen cases where developers didn't think everything was needed, such as the whxdata folder.

If you open the help on your own machine, I think you will see it is working as expected.

Let me know what you find.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/predictive-search-not-working-indigo-layout/m-p/11092838?pag... for the same issue but in 2019 New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp