• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Multi-Level Lists after Upgrading to RoboHelp 2020

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to RoboHelp 2020, all of the numbers and bullets from my multi-level lists have vanished. I know this is because we have changed the way that style sheets and code works in RoboHelp 2020 to a better method. However, is there a script or fix available from Adobe that can help fix this problem and insert the li, ol and ul codes that are required for lists?  The only way I can seee to fix it is by doing something like the following but I don't want to have to do this maually to thousands of topics.

The following shows the numbers and bullets before the upgrade.  We also have substeps that are indented in some topics.

Before Upgrade.png

This shows the numbers and bullets missing after the upgrade.

after upgrade.png

This shows the code after the upgrade.

Ugraded code.png

This shows the changes that I think need to happen to the code to make it work:

Changes needed.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your RH2020 all patched up? If not, update it & try the upgrade of the project again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are showing in the "code after the upgrade is not a list but an autonumbered paragraph. 

What was the code before the upgrade?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp New UI was upgrading multi level list from classic as multi level list but wasn't working as well. Probelm is in classic it is defined as autonumber (p with class) and in New UI it is defined as (ol, li ..). Both have different capability as per HTML and CSS standards and not losslessly possible to convert one to the other. 

In update 4 of 2020, autonumber capability is enhanced to accommodate all cases from classic and accordinly classic project upgarde has been improved.

If Peter has your project then the can try out the beta build of update 4. if you want to try out beta build yourself then let us know, we can enroll you in the beta/prerelease program.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't supply my project to Peter as it would break company policy. I would love to try the Beta program and try update 4 if it is fixed in that version.  Thanks Vivek Kumar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will send you joining details. Do make sure you install on a different machine as you should not use beta versions for production and only work on copies of your project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@elmdavy Look out for a private message so that you can give Adobe your email address. They will then enrol you in the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp