• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening a project on a Windows 10 computer for the first time

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 11.0.4.291  and have a project open on a Windows 10 computer. This is the first time I've opened the project on Windows 10 and right now I'm not able to work on the project for 2 reasons.

1) Double clicking on Topics will does not open the Design/HTML editor.  Right clicking and selecting edit topic also does nothing.  However, if I click Preview topic I can view it.  This doesn't allow me to edit topics at all though. 

1) The style and formatting pod is greyed out in the View >> Pods menu so I can't open it.  The project is not read only so I'm not sure what the probelm is.

Help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Was this a machine that previously had RH11 installed on it & was upgraded to Win10? You may have to either run RH11 as an admin to see if it has any effect OR deactivate, uninstall & reinstall as an admin user to get full rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you click Tools > Options you should see a dialog similar to below:

tmp1.png

Ensure that your settings match what I've listed.

Once you have done this (I'm guessing you may find yours to be different) see if you are now able to access the CSS.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick help this morning.  I navigated to the Options > File Association and I don't have anything under HTML Editors.  I imagine that is the probelm.  How do I proceed to get the Design View and HtML View to show up?

Best regards,

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the options for Adding or Removing an HTML Editor are also greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this a machine that previously had RH11 installed on it & was upgraded to Win10? You may have to either run RH11 as an admin to see if it has any effect OR deactivate, uninstall & reinstall as an admin user to get full rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I seem to recall from some distant memory here. Perhaps open Windows File Explorer and locate an HTML file. ANY HTML file. Then right-click it and choose to open it using IE or whatever. Make sure you enable the check box that says "Always use this" or whatever it's named. Then restart RoboHelp and see if those options are now available to assign the editor.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I ended up uninstalling and and reinstalling and it works properly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp