• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Procedures with pictures/Multilevel list with bullets/numbers disappear in browser

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Sorry if this has been covered. I have searched the internet and found none of the MLL problems matching my own.

My whole goal is to be able to create numbered procedures in Robohelp webhelp that has images such as what I created below. The problem is, I want images inserted with no numbering or bullets. I've found I can't do this because it breaks the numbered procedure, so what I have show here is don't manually (which I don't want to do considering my project has about 10,000 files.

Down Time.png

I created a multilevel list in Robohelp for procedures to help with this need. I set up this list that has a mixture of bullets/numbers, and nothing in front in order to have a procedure in a topic with images to go along with it (that of course don't break the numbering system, and aren't numbered themselves, because it looks a bit odd to just have a step numbered picture).

So, with each line being a new line and different indentation level, here is how the list looks in Robohelp (on the left) and then how it comes out in the browser (on the right). I have tried Chrome and IE and they come out the same.

Multilevel list-RH.png MLL In browser.png

It does appear that the lists show up correctly in the generated CHM file, but I don't feel confident using these multilevel lists if they don't actually work when they use them in the browsers.

Does anyone know how to fix this list issue, OR, insert or do a copy paste in a new line between numbered procedures that don't break them so they have to be remembered every time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

I'm not sure I understand totally. I'm guessing for some reason you are opposed to pressing Shift+Enter to begin a new line without a bullet or number?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand totally. I'm guessing for some reason you are opposed to pressing Shift+Enter to begin a new line without a bullet or number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You know. I never even thought of that. Wow. I am so used to Word where we purposefully avoided using those breaks, and after years of that I never even thought of that. Sorry about that. This works fine and keeps my list going. I am brand new to Robohelp and still trying to figure it out. Guess I have to get rid of some of these old Word habits...

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp