• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project upgraded from RH9 to RH2020 missing all topics

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2020 and the first thing I did was to install the latest update (2020.5.71). I am trying to upgrade my existing RoboHelp 9 project but end up without any topics. All topics (and most images) are stored in sub-folders in existing RH 9 project. I cannot get a screenprint of  the RH 9 project as it constantly crashes on opening since I started running Windows 10 (which is why we upgraded to 2020). I am attaching a screenprint of the RH 9 project folders in Windows Explorer and also of the RH 2020 project folders. The project has 2 tables of contents (English & French) which are both shown in RH 2020 upgraded project but none of the content. Help topics I found online regarding upgrading classic projects to RH 2020 indicated that  topics/images in root folder would be moved to Assets folder while all others would remain in existing folders so the fact that topics/images in old project are in subfolders shouldn't be causing the issue. My project is stored on a network drive for backup purposes but I also tried to do the upgrade from a copy on my local hard drive and that didn't make a difference.

RH20-Project.pngRH20-WindowsExplorer.pngRH9-WindowsExplorer.png

TOPICS
Classic , New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Just wanted to update this post to advise that I have now successfully upgraded my RH 9 project to new RH 2020 format. Thanks to everyone who offered help and especially to Ssurbi and Peter Grainge for the solution.

For anyone else who may be struggling with a similar issue and come across this post, I ended up starting the process over by fixing the root.fpj folder (which likely became corrupted by the RH 9 project in Windows 10). Then I upgraded the RH 9 project to RH 2019 Classic and finally

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help so far. Unfortunately, I have had to deal with other priorities this week before starting vacation so have not had time to try all the suggestions. (I did try deleting the CPD file before seeing that the suggestion had been deleted.)

When I checked the root.fpj file for my RH 2019 Classic project, the root folder were already there exactly as Surbhi indicated. (Likely because I had recreated the folder structure from within the project as previously suggested by Peter.) However, since root.fpj does contain the folders as it should, that does not explain why the upgrade to RH 2020 was not succssful (i.e. still missing topics/images).

At this point, I'm thinking that when I return from vacation I should edit the root.fpj file from the old RH 9 project (which I have verified does NOT contain the proper root folders), then upgrade the old project to RH 2019 Classic and (if successful), finally upgrade project to RH 2020. In the meantime, I really appreciate the help I have received so far and just wanted to post this update so everyone will know I am still working on it. Thanks again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Surbhi found both files missing in root.fpj, I found one file missing. 
  • Surbhi found correcting root.fpj fixed everything so clearly all the other FPJ files were OK. That was not my experience.

However, I was looking at what I had upgraded to 2019 Classic while Surbhi was looking at the RH9 you sent me. That supports your plan of fixing RH9, then going to 2019 Classic, then 2020.

That said, I would be tempted to fix RH9 and trying going to 2020 again from there. If it fails your RH9 Classic project is left untouched so you can try 2019 Classic. However, do back up RH9 if you go to 2019 Classic as that does change your project.

If there are further issues, check all the FPJ files.

Let us know how it goes. Have a good vacation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update this post to advise that I have now successfully upgraded my RH 9 project to new RH 2020 format. Thanks to everyone who offered help and especially to Ssurbi and Peter Grainge for the solution.

For anyone else who may be struggling with a similar issue and come across this post, I ended up starting the process over by fixing the root.fpj folder (which likely became corrupted by the RH 9 project in Windows 10). Then I upgraded the RH 9 project to RH 2019 Classic and finally to RH 2020. 

I think that my issues were complicated by the fact that my projects are usually located on a network drive for backup purposes. When working from my office this is normally not an issue (except for HTML help) but since I am now working from home via a VPN I believe that contributed to the problems with the project conversion. I am therefore going to stick to working on project from my local hard drive and synching with network drive every couple of days.

Now I just need to get used to the new interface! 😉 Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp 9 on a network was never a recommended set up. I suggest daily zip file of your project is put on the network with the name preceded by date in YYMMDD format. That makes them easy to find. Every so often delete say all but the end of the month.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp