Exit

Publish to Sharepoint Online - Robohelp 2022

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an article that I can send to our IT dept other than this one
https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/publish-sharepoint.html

that would give them insight into some of the questions they are having as it relates to enabling custom scripts in order to be able to publish to Sharepoint Online?  (see below).   Backstory is that I sent him an article I found that stated in order to publish output to Sharepoint Online we needed to enable custom JavaScript to view the .aspx files on SharePoint server .  These questions were what he sent back to me.  I'd like to send them a link or something that might answer some of this stuff  because I don't know the answers.  They are the IT guys 😉  Thanks in advance!!

1.  Will there be any API calls outside of the SharePoint site?

1.  What will be installed on the SharePoint site . Java script?
  2.  Will a app need to be installed on the site?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

My answers would be:
1. no, probably not, it's a website

2. It will use JavaScript, not Java, to display the pages and provide functions like Search

3. No, it's a website

But, you should confirm with the RH folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is installed is effectively a web site with pages that provide information for your users but questions like this must be asked of Adobe.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My answers would be:
1. no, probably not, it's a website

2. It will use JavaScript, not Java, to display the pages and provide functions like Search

3. No, it's a website

But, you should confirm with the RH folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff.  I think I have them going in the right direction!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp