• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: QRCodes in Multiscreen HTML5 output

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit 'off the wall' this! .... but can anyone suggest a suitable way where I can scan a QRCode from within a project (Multiscreen HTML5 output) using a mobile phone and use the returned information from the QR code to directly open a topic in the project? I want to use a QR code as a type of password to a new section of the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used QR codes before, but my understanding is that you define them with a URL to the website you want to launch – assuming your content is hosted someplace relatively static (& known) then you should be able to define the direct URL to that desired topic, build the QR code and stick it in your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you clarify a bit? Where will these QR codes be presented? In a book? On another web page?

My thought here is that in order to "scan" a QR code, the phone must take a picture of it while using a QR code scanning app, no? And if that's the case, I'm not sure exactly how a phone would be able to "scan" something on its own display screen. Or are you suggesting a possible way to have one person display a QR code on their phone and have person 2 scan it to visit the "hidden" or "secret" information?

Sounds kind of "Spy VS Spy" to me.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just re-reading this post and for some reason I spaced off the fact you are using Multiscreen.

ick Ick ICK!

Why? Responsive is so much cleaner.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. Firstly, Responsive or Multi-Screen - either could be used.

To clarify what I'm trying to achieve is to allow the user to use their phone/tablet (on which the finished Robo project will reside) and from within the Robo project, I would like the user to be able to scan one (or more) QR codes at different times - each QR code taking the user to a separate topic within the project.

The created QR Codes providing the links would be sited at different locations - completely away and independent from the Robo project.

Similar to ( although not the same as) scanning a QR code using a QR Code scanner app and being directed to a url - but in my desired instance, the user is redirected to another topic within the project. - without leaving the project in the first instance.

In theory, the user could leave the project, scan the code and re-enter the project at the required topic, but I'm looking to find a way for the User to scan the QR Code and be redirected to the new topic without the user exiting the robo project. Ideally, a way to be able to add a QR scanner facility, in a similar way as adding a multimedia facility, to the project would be perfect .

In essence, the QR Codes would act in a similar way to a password - only allowing access to those topics once the code has been scanned.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp