• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about generating output in 2015

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting with RoboHelp 2015, and I need some questions answered about how to get the output I want.

We currently use RoboHelp 7, and generate HTML help as a chm.

What we want now is to generate two separate files, one HTML5, and our webmaster would like to generate XML to automatically upload to the Web.

We want the HTML5 version to be filtered, so we'll need to use conditional tags. The online version will contain everything. We want users to be able to filter the content once published.  We also want the output to be responsive. I want our Help to look like the Whirl example (I will create new CSS).

I am thinking that both outputs will have to be HTML5 and our Web person is going to have to figure out how to automate uploading that to the Web instead of XML.  Am I correct in this?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Sorry, hit "Add Reply" too quickly - your HTML5 output just ends up in a folder in your project's \!SSL!\ folder - you would copy it all up (it's a whole bunch of files) to your webserver and point to the index.htm to launch the full help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you wanted to generate 2 outputs - HTML5 and what else? I wasn't clear..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit "Add Reply" too quickly - your HTML5 output just ends up in a folder in your project's \!SSL!\ folder - you would copy it all up (it's a whole bunch of files) to your webserver and point to the index.htm to launch the full help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So you are saying that yes, we need to generate everything to HTML5 to get what we want, correct? I don't know why he wants XML. We have a meeting this afternoon. I needed this information as ammunition to guide his decisions.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that your website has a CMS that accepts topics as XML - I've never tried generating XML out of RH...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp