• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions regarding Parent/Child projects in RoboHelp 2017

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2017 with a Parent and three child projects which have just been upgraded from RoboHelp 11, and wondered if anyone can help with the following problems using the Responsive HTML5 layout.

• I need to change the screen sizes at which the output changes between Desktop/Tablet/Mobile. I understand this is simple to do in version 2015, but cannot see how to do this in version 2017.
  • When opening the Index.html file in one of the Child projects, the black vertical bar between the TOC and the topic is not displayed, and the width of the TOC cannot be resized. In the  Master and other child projects, this bar is displayed, and the TOC can be resized. I would appreciate some advice on how to fix this as it is causing problems linking to the Help from the application. The Responsive HTML5 layout preview looks fine.
  • Please could you explain how to turn off the display for the Index and Glossary. I understand this is simple to do in version 2015, but cannot see how to do this in version 2017.
  • The parentdata.js file for the above child project is different to the other child projects as it does not contain a reference to the child project. This setting appears to control whether a topic is highlighted in the TOC when you select it in the search results. I assume this file should have the same content for all of the child projects. This is an important feature, so would appreciate any help in fixing this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Hi there

Each layout is often slightly different and may offer different settings. I know the Indigo layout changes that playing field dramatically. It is also a layout that was introduced in this version of RoboHelp. Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised to see some updates to this layout appear at some future point.

tmp4.png

You may want to try opening the layouts gallery and checking to see if there is an update to Indigo.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

for point 1 and 3,

Open Output/Responsive HTML5 and push on the button 'Customize Selected Layout'. (in 'General' tab).

A layout has to be selected (see gallery).

Check out the following 'layout Components'.

- 'Media Query'

- 'Basic Settings'

Checkout with preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. These settings do not appear to be in the trial version of the software I am using. Perhaps they need to be "turned on" somehow.

RH2017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is the same as the "real" version - first check for updates, then have a look at the sample projects - the issue may be in your upgraded projects (or not - maybe your install is damaged).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm also using the trial version RH 2017. (active since 5 days)

See example for "Azure Blue"

See example for "Indigo"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is problem relating to upgrading from version 11. The upgrade completed for all the projects without reporting any errors. Do you know if these extra settings can be added easily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open one of the sample projects, can you see these layouts (& their controls)?

If not, then I would suspect your install is damaged in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Each layout is often slightly different and may offer different settings. I know the Indigo layout changes that playing field dramatically. It is also a layout that was introduced in this version of RoboHelp. Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised to see some updates to this layout appear at some future point.

tmp4.png

You may want to try opening the layouts gallery and checking to see if there is an update to Indigo.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for all your advice. I changed to the charcoal grey layout, and I found the settings I needed to set, and it looks the same as the Theme3_black layout that I imported from RH 11. All of the above problems seem to have been resolved using this layout, except for the following question regarding the parentdata.js file:

"The parentdata.js file for the above child project is different to the other child projects as it does not contain a reference to the child project. This setting appears to control whether a topic is highlighted in the TOC when you select it in the search results. I assume this file should have the same content for all of the child projects."

It would be very helpful to know what this file does. I could change it manually if required to ensure that the parent/child configuration continues to work OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp