Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bookmark this page" button

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to add a "bookmark this page" link on my webhelp skin.  I've tried several scripts, but none of them work properly. I haven't been able to find any info on this....

1. Does Robohelp/Webhelp support this function with an easy "couple of clicks" creation?

2. If not, has someone been able to successfully add a "bookmark this page" function?

thanks.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You can certainly insert a "Bookmark this page" button on the pages themselves and have the topic bookmarked. The problem here is that if you do that and you visit the bookmark later, all you will see is the topic. You won't get the surrounding frameset.

So the question is, would you be happy with this behavior? If so, I'll pop in the details. But if you aren't interested, I won't bother with the effort.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've completely forgotten about this issue until I was reviewing some of my notes.  

Sure, if you have the details on how to set up a "bookmark this page", with any result, that'll work. Maybe I could tweek it a little bit for my needs....

I was thinking I could probably create a button on the skin instead of a button on each page, but I never dived into the research...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I know it's possible to add a "bookmark this page" function to individual pages (one at a time <sigh> ); but is it possible to add this function on the skin?  I can't figure out how to make the url in the code be the current page, in other words, just bookmark "the-page-that-is-displayed" not the RH project's "home" page.

I realize that adding a bookmark this page function will only display the page as-is and not within the robohelp project, but this is fine.  The bookmark function is a requirement for my project.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We see new folks pop in here all the time. Very bright folks too! Folks like Willam that seem to have a really admirable grasp of things like CSS and JavaScript.

I'm a pretty decent JavaScript dabbler in that I'm most often sucessful at finding a script and making it bend to my whims, but I never was able to crack the nut of the Toolbar button for bookmarking the topic.

The main issue is that the toolbar button is in the top frame. So you need to do some fancy JavaScripting to obtain the URL of the topic in the topic frame, then make that fit in the Bookmarking code. I do remember spending a good deal of time on it myself before finally giving up in exasperation.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We've been over a bookmark button a few times. If I remember correct, the problem is as follows: In order to add a bookmark for a specific page you need to get the URL of the topic. However, it seems it isn't possible to get the URL of the site dynamically if you want to use it for a bookmark. Any reference I find only shows how to create bookmarks by hard coding the URL or using a server side script to add the url to the script.

You can add a button for the entire help, or for each topic one by one. If anyone knows a way of getting it to work dynamically, I'd really like to know too!

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp