• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering RoboHelp from WebHelp Pro

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a harddrive crash with, yep - I know, no backups of this particular server.  I have an old copy of my project from 2015, but I really don't want to lose 5 years worth of updates. I do have the most current version published to the web and have brought it down to our server to try to decompile.  Unfortunately, the RoboWizard site that was offered as a soulation 10 years ago on this forum is no longer available.  I have purchased the newest version of RoboHelp.  And I do still have a copy of the old 2015 version if necessary.   Has anyone got any ideas on what to do?  Thank you in advance!  

TOPICS
Classic , RoboHelp server

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

You could also invest in the paid script route - https://www.helpessentials.com/product/recovery-script/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out "reverse-engineering" on Peter's site - grainge.org for your options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did review that and he references the RoboWizard site to get most of the information back - but that site is no longer in existance.  I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the instructions or a different way to do this now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the site on my hard drive. I used SnagIt to screen capture what I believe is the page you are looking for. I've uploaded it to WeTransfer and you may download the image from the link below:

https://we.tl/t-id6uxuJGLe

Let me know if I can help further or if it's the wrong page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Capti8r!!  I'm going to give this a try before I go the paid route. (Thank you too Jeff_Coatsworth)  Both options are much appreciated. Somethings got to work, as I have way too much time invested in this project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, apologies for the inconvenience of allowing the domain name to expire. Since I'm minimally involved with RoboHelp these days it simply wasn't financially feasible to maintain things. Especially with RoboHelp moving in a completely different direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also invest in the paid script route - https://www.helpessentials.com/product/recovery-script/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ServMan 
I am also facing the exact issue, can you please help me out how you overcome this situation?
/Praveen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Captiv8r's content is now on Peter's Reverse Engineering page. 

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/reverse_engineering/reverse_engineering.htm

@praveen5C77 I've included the link on your post as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp