Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relative Link is Removed from Print Output

Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest RH 2017.

The current topic I'm in is a print-only topic, ultimately for a readme.pdf file. It has a bullet with a link to the Help file in case users are viewing the .pdf online, they'll be able to go to the Help. The Help resides in a "help" sub-folder under where the readme.pdf resides.

clipboard_image_0.png

Here's the code for my link:

<li><p class="BodyText">Internet Connection<br />
	(Either this computer or another computer on your organization's LAN 
	 needs an Internet connection. You can point non-Internet computers 
	 to an offline cache location on your LAN. For information, see the 
	 <a href="help/Universal_Updater_help.htm">Help</a> documentation.)</p></li>

The problem is that the link is completely removed when I generate the .doc. There is no online CBT in play and the SSL's "Retain hyperlinks" check box is marked.

In the generated Word doc, if I hover over the word "Help", it is getting the Hyperlink style, but the style has no colors etc assigned to it. I'm not sure why. Maybe something happened to my Word template? (I transferred everything over to a new computer last week and maybe that's causing an issue?)

clipboard_image_1.png

In any case, if I hover over a different link in the same word document, I do at least get the Ctlr + Click message to visit the URL:

clipboard_image_2.png

If I generate again, and in the SSL, where it asks where I want to use styles from, if I choose "Stylesheet" instead of "Microsoft Word Template" and just use the project's main .css, that second link with the http:// does appear colored. This tells me that ultimately it's not really a style issue with the "Help" link (that's a secondary issue), but the main issue is that the relative link is getting completely removed.

What am I missing? I consider myself an old hat at printable output with RH, so I find it odd that I cannot see the solution here. For no, I've manually added the link into the .doc and styled it manually so I can get the readme out the door. But hoping all of this can be done in the source so I won't have to always to post processing. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Am I reading the underlying link correctly and it is to an exe file?

I'm not sure but I would be surprised if such links were allowed. I'm also wondering why a link to help is an exe file.

Test a link to a PDF test file in the same location. If that works it would sort of support my theory. Let me know and I will try something similar in the morning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp