Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Index from Responsive HTML5 Default Layout

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is it possible to remove the Index-icon from the default layout for responsive HTML5? (see highlighted box in image)

RoboHelp.png

When I create the responsive HTML5 output there are four icons created by default (TOC, index, glossary and search function). As I do not need an index for my project the index icon might confuse users, thus, I would like to remove it. I could not find any settings to remove it in the output settings.

Thank you very much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Hi there

The answer is yes!

However, how easy it will be depends on your version of RoboHelp. Hopefully you are using 2015 Release. In that version you open the Outputs(SSL) pod and double-click the Responsive layout. Then from the General section on the left side, click the Customize Selected Layout button.

tmp2.png

Then from the Basic Settings section on the left, click the drop-down on the Index item and change True to False.

tmp3.png

If your version of RoboHelp is 11, you will likely have to muck about with modif

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The answer is yes!

However, how easy it will be depends on your version of RoboHelp. Hopefully you are using 2015 Release. In that version you open the Outputs(SSL) pod and double-click the Responsive layout. Then from the General section on the left side, click the Customize Selected Layout button.

tmp2.png

Then from the Basic Settings section on the left, click the drop-down on the Index item and change True to False.

tmp3.png

If your version of RoboHelp is 11, you will likely have to muck about with modifying files manually.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick

Thank you very much for your quick and effective help. I was able to change it very quickly with your instructions - luckily I use RoboHelp 2015 🙂

Thanks again and have a nice day

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it work in RH 2017 Release?  The "Basic settings" item does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick means what HTML5 layout - notice in his example he's using Theme1_Standard as the design - what one are you trying to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Theme1 Standard, with a few tweaks for color and logos.  No other changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a video (chell - YouTube ) that covers it, kind of.

The index and glossary buttons are removed in the full screen layout, but when you shrink down to "tablet" or "phone" screen sizes, both buttons return.  So we are half-way home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp