• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove "Click here to see this page link in full context" link in Robohelp 2107

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie TW here. I'm currently working on a HTML5 Online Help project where two main help systems share the same context sensitive help topics. The problem is I can only link the CSH topics to one main help. Removing the "Click here to see this page in full context" link located on the top right portion of the CSH window solves this problem. I would like to ask the experts here for help in locating which file to modify in order to remove the link. I'm using Robohelp 2017, btw.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Hi there

You can change this text by clicking the Project tab > Project Settings button > General tab > Advanced... button > Labels tab > Scroll to the [ResponsiveHelp] section and locate the  ShowTopicInContext= line. You are able to edit that line to contain what you want.

dsm.png

What I did was to open the Windows Character Map application (Windows key+R and type charmap into the field and press Enter).

In Character Map, type "zero width joiner" into the Search for: field and click the Search button. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You can change this text by clicking the Project tab > Project Settings button > General tab > Advanced... button > Labels tab > Scroll to the [ResponsiveHelp] section and locate the  ShowTopicInContext= line. You are able to edit that line to contain what you want.

dsm.png

What I did was to open the Windows Character Map application (Windows key+R and type charmap into the field and press Enter).

In Character Map, type "zero width joiner" into the Search for: field and click the Search button. Then click the Select button followed by the Copy button. Then paste that character into the area to the immediate right o the ShowTopicInContext= bit.

ds.png

When you generate the output, the text should not appear. But the area is still clickable to reveal the TOC and navigational elements.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works perfectly. Thanks Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opposite issue. I want the Show link to display in the topic area. How do I do that?1.png

I don't see the ShowTopicInContext option. Using RH2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it appears in an update? Are you certain you have applied all updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChadPink​ You refer to the Show Link but the thread is about the "Click here to see this page link in full context". I think the first is what you get with WebHelp and the second is what you get with Responsive Help. Both occur when a topic is opened other than through the Start Page.

Double click a topic in File Explorer and you should see one message or the other without doing anything to your project.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooopppsss! My bad! I already have the show/hide topics link in place.

I am missing the Show link for the navigation pane (TOC). I can't find the option below when generating HTML5:

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't find that option for HTML5. If a topic is opened with a direct

URL, the text I described automatically appears top right. WebHelp gave you

the option you show to suppress it by clearing that check box.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... just as I thought.

Does anyone have a work around so the Navigation pane can be opened from the topic page? We are implementing context-sensitive help, which opens the topic page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what the top right link does.

Direct URL opens topic with top right link. Click it and Nav pane opens.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy... now I have a different issue.

So I generated webhelp to make sure the Show link was still in place. Obviously, it was.

Now, when I generate the HTML5 help, the help gets stuck. The rotating squares (thinking) appear, and it's been doing that for a few minutes now. I have rebooted my laptop. Still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha... I figured it has something to do with IE. I copied the link to Chrome and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PeterGrainge​

Thank you! I see the top-right link when I opened the HTML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp