Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 - Custom Buttons or Links

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is it possible to add custom buttons or links to a template to link on other urls? Is it possible to link the logo to the root of the website other than to the start of this robohelp project? This all was possible in webhelp.

Thank your for your help.

Thomas

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yep, WebHelp this isn't. But fortunately it's vastly easier to change things in RoboHelp 2015 Release than it was in RoboHelp11.

Even so, there is no provision I'm aware of that will allow you to easily achieve what you want. What likely needs to happen is for someone like Willam van Weelden​ to instruct you on exactly which of the files and exactly where inside the file to make the change to accomplish what you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your own buttons. But you will have to add the button HTML and CSS to the layout yourself. The upshot is that you have complete control over the button's feature and appearance. Basically: you are no longer limited by what the layout has to offer.

First, you'll have to identify where you want to add the button in the layout. Then add the code. Lastly, you'll have to add any CSS if required.

What kind of button do you want to add and where do you want to place it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! I'm jumping on this thread now, as I also am having a similar issue. I've been scanning the forum for a couple of hours and I've given up. If my question was answered in another thread, my sincere apologies, i could not find it.

I am using RH2017/Responsive HTML5/Indigo Screen Layout. Somehow, this layout does NOT include a PRINT button in the function bar (where the Favorites/PREV and NEXT, etc buttons are), and I'd love to include one here.

I've also been playing around with the Azure Blue and Charcoal Grey Screen Layouts, which both seem to have PRINT buttons already there.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you so much!!

--Tabby W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that your likely best bet for this skin is to simply configure a Master Page that has a print button in the header. Then apply it across all topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Captiv8r!

But why is the PRINT icon there if I create a new Indigo screen layout? Something is just NOT right...I just can't put my finger on it.

One Indigo layout has NO PRINT icon, but DOES have "Home (Custom icons)" in the Layout Properties list.

The other Indigo layout has a PRINT icon, but DOES NOT have "(Custom icons)" in the "Layout Properties" list.

I can't seem to get any consistency with the Indigo Responsive HTML5 layout.

Thanks!

--Tabby W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Also...

I don't even know how to add this to the Master Page anyways!

What kind of code do I need to add to make the Print button work and where does this code go?

--Tabby W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas, did you ever figure this out? The idea of adding a custom button came up here last week. My solution was to add a PNG with a link on the master page, so it appears in the top-right corner of every topic. Not the most elegant solution. I was hoping to put it by the print button in the "banner" at the top.

Let me know if you've figured out a better way!

Karla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp