• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 TOC Won't Load/Display in RoboHelp 2017 Projects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I test any projects using RoboHelp 2017, the Navigation icons display, but the Table of Contents itself doesn't. I can click the Index icon and that list of terms displays, but I get nothing when I click on the Table of Contents icon. Anything that I might be doing wrong? It always used to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you stated Responsive HTML 5, but which of the layouts are you using?

Do you have more than one TOC in your project? If so, have you ensured you are pointing at the correct TOC?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using just about all of the different layouts, and no, there's only one TOC. And it's happening in all of the projects I work on, so I'm thinking it must be a pretty basic mistake that I'm making.

Regards,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps share some screen captures of the output settings?

I don't suppose one of these outputs is available for anyone to view so you could shoot us a URL to look at?

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really can't share the content, since there's an NDA involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and have you tested on different browsers? I'm wondering if it may be related to a specific browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, I was getting the usual 'allow blocked content' warning message in IE, and then it worked, and I think there might be a security thing involved with Chrome not working. However, Firefox worked until yesterday and now it doesn't work at all either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem if you generate the same output from one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I just tried one of the sample projects, and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so that rules out it being a browser issue or a bug in RoboHelp and, sorry to say, pins it on your project.

I would start by comparing the output settings.

Next I would export a layout from the sample you tested and import it into your project, even though it may appear to be the same layout.

Whilst I doubt it will make any difference, also try deleting the CPD in your project and then reopening RoboHelp.

Tell us where that all gets you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter! I will try doing what you suggest, and let me know where that gets me. I've got some other things going on right now, so my response is probably going to be somewhat delayed. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, I just wanted to let you know that what I wound up doing was deleting the Theme_1 Screen Layout that I had been using and then just chose Azure_Blue from the Gallery and it worked. I don't know if there's a way that I could have continued using Theme_1 but as long as it's now working, I won't be worrying about that. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp