• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 freezes when I try to import an htm file.

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 11 to generate HTML Help. When I go to File > Import > HTML/XHTML File... to import an html file, RH freezes. I have to use Task Manager to shut it down and re-start it. As soon as I click HTML/XLTML File... it freezes. Does anyone know what might cause this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I can think of some things I'd be looking at.

Where is the file when you try to import it? If it's perhaps on a network drive, try moving it to a local drive.

As HTML files are imported, any assets that are linked (images, CSS, etc) are also imported. Perhaps RoboHelp is having trouble with the assets?

Where is your project located? Local C drive or on a network? If on a network, try moving it to the C drive and see if things improve.

As a last ditch way of getting the file "imported", assuming all else failed, I'd simply create a new topic and switch to HTML view. Then copy the HTML code from the page you are trying to import and paste it in to replace the existing topic code.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and just as a "sanity check", I might create a topic, then use Windows Explorer to copy it to a different folder, then delete the topic in RoboHelp. See if the hang still occurs after doing that. This would rule out any odd code or whatever that the foreign topic might contain.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing the Import dialog box, or do you never get to it?

If you never get to it, maybe the dialog box has wandered off your screen, in which case, try this:

1. Select File > Import > HTML/XML File.

2. Press the Window key and left arrow a couple of times. The dialog box should appear on your screen.

(Or if you don't have a Window key, you can do the following: Press Alt+Spacebar+M, then any arrow key, then waggle the mouse madly until the dialog box appears. Click to drop where you want it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, good call! I forgot about that one as related to the Import dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

I forgot to mention I'm using two monitors and I'm running RH on my second monitor, so the behavior you describe is exactly what's happening.

Thanks again, and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp