Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 Crashes when Importing a 420 page Word document

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a user manual that is more than 400 pages long, its style is really simple and singular in every single page. Yet whenever I try to import it within Robohelp it slows down and stays a long time, then stops working.

I tried the same thing with the PDF version of the document but it also crashes.

Is that a general problem with Robohelp and long Word and PDF files or what exactly?

RH 2015 worked well when I imported a 63 page Word document, so I was wondering whether it is possible to divide a document this big to many pieces and then put them together with the same TOC, and how can I do that efficiently?

Thanks a lot in advance!

A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

It shouldn't crash. I have tried before to import 500-page document and it works fine. I only encountered error when I tried to import it using our template. So, I copy the whole content to a new document and then I proceed in importing. Try to copy your content in another document and click Edit in RH to scan the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't crash. I have tried before to import 500-page document and it works fine. I only encountered error when I tried to import it using our template. So, I copy the whole content to a new document and then I proceed in importing. Try to copy your content in another document and click Edit in RH to scan the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a LOT Eman, I really appreciate it. It worked for me very smoothly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp