Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2015 HTML5 Layout Display Issues in IE11

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So - long story short, I started with one of the default layouts and heavily customized it using CSS. Everything works just fine in Chrome, but when the output is loaded in IE, the entire page shifts to the left, hiding a bit of the Nav panel on the left and leaving a white space on the right. It looks about the width of a scrollbar, and I tried forcing a scrollbar (as suggested by the folks over on stackexchange) but it hasn't fixed the problem.

Sadly, I cannot mandate that our clients use Chrome. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the code, it's hard to gather what is going on. Let's take it from step 1: Does this only happen in the customised layout or also in the vanilla layout? Which layout is the base?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to only happen in the customized layout. I started with Charcoal Grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2016 Jun 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: I appear to have fixed it. I compared the vanilla layout css file to my customized one line-by-line and discovered that I must have accidentally deleted a background-image:url("top.png") line. Having added that back in, I can't make IE recreate the issue I was having.

Thanks to Willam van Weelden​ for suggesting I test whether it was just my layout!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp