We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I'm using the latest RH 2017 with an Responsive HTML5 layout:
The picture below shows a topic from our help.
I want to remove the red crossed out content from the Search pane results (it's already in the search results largely anyway). I want to just start it with the paragraph content (the orange):
Is it possible? If so, where and how?
Thank you in advance.
Copy link to clipboard
By default the search abstract will display a number of words before the matched search word. If the search word is near the top of the topic, a number of words from the first heading will display.
The larger text is the title that you set in the topic properties. This is often the same as the first heading in the topic (and automatically is when you first create the topic), but may be different, for example, if you change the first heading, but don't also change the Title field in topic properties.
The search context (smaller text) is visible text in the topic and may include the text of the first heading. If your first heading is the same as your topic title, you end up with what looks like duplicate text in the search context.
The only way I know to avoid this is use the Comment field in the topic properties to enter a description, then make sure "Use Topic Comment as Search Context" is selected in the Output dialog box (in the Search section).
However, you must enter a comment for every topic, or if you don't, make certain no-one else has used the comment field for anything else. For example, I used to use this for notes to myself about tricky business rules, or someone may have used it to include contact information, or anything else you can think of.
(There may also be some other elements of your page or master page contributing, but I can't see your full help page, so I'm not sure.)
Thanks Amebr. Our headings are indeed nearly always identical to the topic title, so yes, we have a lot of duplicated text. We've decided it's better to clear the search context check box from the SSL to get around this. It would be nice if we could just keep the body text context somehow and hide the other, but it doesn't look like that's possible. Oh well. Thanks.