Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2017 SharePoint Versioning Issues - List View Threshold & .fws Files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboHelp Community,

We just upgraded from RH 11 to RH 2017, and I'm trying to re-establish the same versioning we used for RH11. Our team of 3 needs the version control and shared access to the project. We are encountering 2 issues:

1. When attempting to set up the versioning, SharePoint 2010 is producing “Error: Access Denied” for all the .swf files in the Adobe RoboHelp output
  2. After setting up the versioning, now when I open the project I get this several times: “Error – The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator”

I've contacted our company IT Support, and they said go talk to Adobe because they haven't changed anything.

Does anyone have any advice? Do you know what the "list view threshold" needs to be in SharePoint to use the versioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen this error using RoboHelp 2015 in SharePoint 2013 and 2016.

SharePoint limits the quantity of files that can be stored in a library to approximately 5000. When that threshold is exceeded, you get to see the error that you have already experienced.

We were able to get the Enterprise admins to temporarily tweak the threshold to 7500 to allow us to split our projects into smaller pieces (more libraries).

We tripled the number of libraries in our site collection, but we no longer have the threshold errors as the smaller projects have fewer files.

We did find it odd that SharePoint was more concerned with the quantity of the files than the SIZE of the files.

Hope this helps

-Britton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing your experience. That's helpful for me to know what to talk about with our SP admins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp