Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019.0.8 release - Drop-down text

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Last month, we had an update to version 2019.0.8. After the update, I did some work in RH and all was well.

Two weeks ago, there was som updates made on the servers. Since then, we've been having problems with the Drob-down text option. The first image shows the procedure in edit mode and what we also see in preview mode. We can see the drop-down text headers in green.

RH-Normal.png

In the second image, you will see the same procedure as seen by our users in web mode;

RH-Doubled.png

As you can see, the drop-down text headers our doubled. Also, when we click on them, it brings us at the beggining of the page but the text does not open as it does in the edit and preview modes.

Also, if I create a new topic, the edit and preview will be OK, but Web output will also be doubled.

Edit and preview image with a drop-down text expanded.

RH-New normal.png

Web output 

RH-New double.png

No matter if it's the RoboHelp update or the server update that caused this, I do not understand how this came to be and why it will be applied to the new Topics.

By the way, the normal links like "Back to top", shown in the last two images (and in all my other procedures) are not doubled and are working.

The big question:

Can you help me fix this, or do I delete everything and throw away the servers and restart everything with new servers...???

Thanks,

Pierre

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you picked "version control" as a tag when nothing in your post suggests it's being used. Are you doing this through the new UI or Classic?

First, update your RH2019 and try generating again - update 9 is out now. If it's still happening, check to see if it's happening with all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are you talking about when you refer to "servers"? Web server? RoboHelp Server? What changes were made?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to Jeff's suggestions, does it work before you upload to the server?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in my answer, other priorities.

As mentioned in my first examples, yes the drop-downs work in the edit and preview mode before and after I've published.

Let's look at the code from line 64 to 82. Do you see something wrong?

If not, when published, why is the Drop-down header doubled and why the text does not drop down?

If the code is OK, then between the topic/code and the publishing, what must be wrong to cause that?

Why is it only the Drop-down (Dropspot) that is affected by whatever is causing this?

Thanks,

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. This is for Jeff or Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I used Version control because there was nothing pertinent that I could see. What would you have suggested?

Yes, an update to version 9 will be done. I'm not the one doing the upsates, so I do not know when it will be done.

I still have to do work in RH. Do you have an idea what may have caused this and how to fix it? Like I said, I can't understand what could cause the drop-down text to double up like that, even in a completely new topic.

Here is the code of the test I did. Maybe you'll see something that is causing this.

Code 1.png

Code 2.png

Code 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp is now on Update 11 and you really need to be on that as the first step. If the issue is a RoboHelp issue that may change things.

However, the most likely cause seems to be the server changes. It all worked before and it still works locally.

Have you tried deleting the whole output from the server and republishing? Can you publish to a second location?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the response. 

I will ask for an update to version 11.

I will chack if the problem is only in my region or all regions.

I'm going to create a new project and set it on a new location.

Depending on the answers, results of updates and new project, will take actions.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp