• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 Classic: IE11 - one bug fixed, another bug added?

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone,

with RH2017 when using IE11 the TOC in merged help was not synchronized when using the browse sequence, Breadcrumbs or links.
This was / is a problem, cause so many large companies still use IE11.

We now were really happy thst this bug(?) is fixed with the new RH 2019 Classic version.

But now suddenly the highlight search results does not work in all browsers!

Does anyone have the same experiences?

Do we have to change settings or any other solutions?

Kind regards

Steffen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also noticed the highlight search isn't working. I installed the latest update but that didn't resolve the issue. I'm calling support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support was able to reproduce the issue. Not sure how soon it will be fixed. I will post an update when they get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding some humor to the thread:

Definition of an upgrade. Remove old bugs. Install new ones!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I seeing this right? Adobe is listing this as a Fixed Issue in Update 2?

RH2019 Classic: Search results are not highlighted in single and merged projects, and in all browsers.
(Ref - 2703)

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues.html

I guess you don't have to fix something if you say it was on purpose...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading that differently. I am reading that is the name of the bug and Adobe are saying it is fixed, in other words the results are highlighted now.

What result are you seeing?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version and generating our help project I found that the search results are not highlighted. Does it work for anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a quick simple test and the answer is not for me.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported many bugs over the last few years and as far as I know none of them have ever really been fixed. I think after a while they just decided to focus on RH 2019 where "that feature should work" (that's what I tended to hear when myself and others asked about features and bugs during the webinar on RH 2019).  We can't use RH 2019 and unless they prove that they're actually going to fix bugs in RH Classic I'm not going to waste my time reporting bugs anymore.

Adobe used to be a world class brand and now they release unfinished products, break things that were working, and say things are fixed that clearly aren't.  We're stuck with RH 2017 for now but I'm going to discuss looking at other options over the long term because Adobe is tending to cause more problems than they fix with each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CN1359, I am from Adobe, please let me clarify about this fix. Search highlight bug in classic was fixed but due to some confusion updated build of classic was not included in 2019 update 2. We should have got the fixed issues page modified accordingly but that was missed too. I really apologize for the confusion, this fix will be there in update 3 scheduled for later this month.

For 2019 we are reviewing each and every bug filed so far taking up one by one if they are not fixed. Right now we are more focused on application and authoring related issues. As this area is getting stabilized we have started moving to output related issues and that is where we have most of the tickets filed by users. We intend to resolve all the older issues before we start planning for the next release. So request you to not stop reporting the issues, we are looking at them very intently.

2019 is not another release for us, we have taken a bold step to completely overhaul the product. It has caused disruption for all of you but we are working overtime to iron out the challenges and fill all the gaps. Primary reason for the change is new platform enables us to innovate faster and makes us ready for the future. You can see that in monthly updates we are being able to pack as much which we could not do even in yearly releases earlier.

Appreciate your patience and keep reporting any challenges you face. Need support from everyone in shaping RoboHelp which people are happy using it.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp