• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(RH 2019, new UI) How to center TOC tiles area on home page?

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

I'm in RH 2019 (new UI) trying to center the TOC tiles area on the home page of a frameless skin (Oceanic). 

Any help is much appreciated!

TOC tiles area centering.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

I think that's where the tiles are centred within their "frame". Try container above. This will have happened as soon as you made some change so you need to try and backtrack through what you have done. Hopefully you take regular backups and can go back through them until you find where it changed.

You can duplicate a skin so a good idea is to do that before you make any changes. Then you can revert to the duplicate if what you have done goes wrong and you can't correct it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default is centred so it looks like something you have changed has had that effect. Add a further copy of that skin with a slightly different name and no customisation. You should see that area centred as confirmation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot, yes, Peter's right. I've confirmed this by replacing the skin as described in Peter's answer.

Thank you, Peter.

Any idea where to start looking for the setting that's causing my issue?

Here's where you can see the layout is set to "centered":

TOC tiles area settings.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's where the tiles are centred within their "frame". Try container above. This will have happened as soon as you made some change so you need to try and backtrack through what you have done. Hopefully you take regular backups and can go back through them until you find where it changed.

You can duplicate a skin so a good idea is to do that before you make any changes. Then you can revert to the duplicate if what you have done goes wrong and you can't correct it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice, Peter.  

I forgot that I could go back to a backup to look at settings before the issue started. I'll do that now.

Thanks!! Have a great afternoon. (Or evening where you are.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up Peter's solution, I checked a few backups and found the problem.

It had the skin's setting for the following set to "70%."  Changing back to 100% brought the tiles back to center.

[Skin] > Home Page > TOC Tiles > toctiles > Layout > Width

(See screenshot)

TOC tiles centered.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to jump in here, is there a way to center the TOC tiles if you reset the percentage to less than 100%? I want the container to be 75% but to still be centered. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up changing the margins of the TOC Tiles container to a different size so that the tiles appear in the order and in the row that I wanted and are still centered.

TonyaBov_0-1664999877127.png

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to set "auto" for margin-left and margin-right to created matched left and right margins but it's not possible in RH2020.8. I haven't yet checked RH2022 to see if it correctly supports the "auto" keyword. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp