• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(RH 2019, new UI) How to remove formatting?

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone. 

In RH 2019, new UI, can anyone please tell me how to efficiently remove numbered-list formatting that came from the original MS Word document that I imported into RH?

Here's what it looks like in the Author pane:

numbered list formatting.JPG

I'd like to get rid of the list numbers and the outdenting.

If it helps, the code looks like this:

HTML 200811.JPG

Thanks very much!

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Try selecting P. That should remove the class that is giving you the numbering. If not try selecting the Clear Formatting icon in Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One surefire way that typically works all the time is to perform a side trip. 

Copy text from Word

Paste text into something like Notepad

Copy text from Notepad

Paste text into RoboHelp and all formatting should now be absent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want the numbering to be proper numbering, rather than being plain text numbers with weird formatting, you could try the Convert Word lists to HTML lists setting in the Import dialog box, on the Advanced tab.

Otherwise, if you want to convert them to be plain paragraphs your best bet is probably to change them in Word before importing.

Or get a friendly web developer to write a script to strip offending code out after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be as simple as selecting the list and clicking the list icon in the toolbar and selecting None (Extreme right).

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your suggestions, Amber, Capit8r, and Peter.

Peter, in following your suggestion, I found that "none" is already selected under the List icon (Screenshot):

SCREENSHOT

list icon - none.JPG

Captiv8r, for now, I'm using a workaround similar to your suggestion. But I'm working with a very long document that's already imported into RH. So I'm currently looking for a solution to this issue that streamlines the process of stripping out the numbered-list formatting, without having to leave RH.

Does anyone have anything else I can try?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting P. That should remove the class that is giving you the numbering. If not try selecting the Clear Formatting icon in Properties.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yessss!!! 

Thank you, Peter. For anyone looking for the "clear formatting" icon, find it in Properties here:

clear formatting icon.JPG(By the way, selecting "P" under Paragraph Styles did not work.)

Thanks very, very much, Peter. This is a major win.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp