Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2019 new UI Hyperlink in PDF output

Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I just noticed that hyperlinks in the PDF behave a bit strangely. If I link to a bookmark chapter, the hyperlink goes exactly where I want it to go. If I link to a topic, it goes to someplace within this topic, not to the top of it. I assume, the difference is that in the first case it jumps to a bookmark, but in the second case does not (I have not used bookmarks for the topic title / main header, only for sub-headers).

In the HTML output, the hyperlinks lead to the top of the page.

Is this a bug or is it necessary to add bookmarks also for the topic titles?

I am using RH 2019.0.9

Thanks and regards
Karin

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work correctly for RH11 output. On one word I created a link to a topic. On another word I created a link to a bookmark. On generating, clicking the  first link jumped to the first heading. Clicking the second link jumped to the bookmark location.

Some thoughts, which I haven't tried out, but could theoretically affect things. Does each topic start on a new page? Are all your topic headings H1? Are you maintaining them as Heading 1 in the output or are they transformed based on the folder hierarchy (in RH 11 there's a setting "Maintain HTML heading levels, but I'm not sure if that's part of RH2019 New)? Maybe check the other settings to see if there's anything bookmark related that might affect things - unlikely but doesn't hurt to check.

I suspect it may be a bug, but check my thoughts above, as I haven't done anything with PDF output in RH2019 and don't have access right now to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, each topic starts on a new page with heading H1. The option you mention is no longer available in RH 2019 (New UI). There are very few options for PDF output, and none of them looks like it might be related to bookmarks.

Considering this, I'll create a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp