• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 output generation hangs at "Copying asset files"

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2020 is hanging during output generation at "Copying asset files". I have to close out of RH to clear. I have applied the recent RH 2020 update but that didn't fix the problem. The problem seemed to happen when I used @Font-face in my css. I edited the css outside of RH. (I'm trying to embed my font into my project so it will show nicely even though the user doesn't have the font.) When I removed the @Font-face code from the css I still got the same problem. I had to reuse an old css file to finally get the project to generate successfully. I'm using Frameless output preset and it seems to happen using all skins. I have two projects that this has happened on. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Thank you Peter and Amebr. I have figured it all out. I'm going to outline my solution here so that others can follow as well.

There are two parts to the solution: (1) embedding the font in the topics and (2) embedding the font in the skins.

To embed the font in the topics, I followed Peter's link and followed the @font-face instructions.

Two notes here: (1) Save the font file in the same folder as the CSS file and (2) the font file can be WOFF format as well.

To embed the font in the skin, follow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this topic on my site helps.

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/fonts/fonts.htm

The project were created in RoboHelp 2019 but that shouldn't affect things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the @font-face directions from this link worked partially. Thank you! I was able to get the topics to show the font. (I think the trick was to put the font file in the same folder as the CSS file. Also, I was able to use a .woff file successfully.) However, I still have the problem of the Home page not displaying the font (the header, button names, toc tile names, etc.) The crazy thing is that the font is respected for these elements on TOPIC pages but NOT on the HOME page!?!? I must have done something in the skin to the topic page section but not in the home page section? Do you know what I'm missing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The skin has its own stylesheet that you can't access outside RH. If selecting the font you need in the skin (Layout Font in the Layout > General section) doesn't display correctly in the output, you might need to define another stylesheet for the skin and add it in Layout > User Assets. You should be able to point the @font-face statement to the font file you already added to the project, but you need to get the relative path (../) correct based on the output location.  

Note I haven't tried this myself, so please practice in a test project, not your real one. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter and Amebr. I have figured it all out. I'm going to outline my solution here so that others can follow as well.

There are two parts to the solution: (1) embedding the font in the topics and (2) embedding the font in the skins.

To embed the font in the topics, I followed Peter's link and followed the @font-face instructions.

Two notes here: (1) Save the font file in the same folder as the CSS file and (2) the font file can be WOFF format as well.

To embed the font in the skin, follow these steps:

1. Create a css file called font.css with the following content (where “Quicksand” is the font):

@font-face {
      font-family: "Quicksand";
      src: url("Quicksand-Regular.otf");
    }

NOTE: For Studio skin, the font.css file already exists and just needs to be edited.
  2. Store the font.css file in publish/skins/[name of skin] folder.
  3. Store the font file in the same folder as the font.css file.
  4. (This step is not necessary for Studio skin.) In the skin definition, under User Assets add the font.css file as as asset.
  5. In RH, change the skin’s Layout Font (under General) to the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great answer. Thank you for sharing it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp