Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(RH 2020) Review window cuts off right half of content

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everyone.

In RH 2020, the online review window is cutting off the right side of the page, without any way to scroll to it (screenshot, below).

Any advice for me? Thank you!

SCREENSHOT

Review window cut off.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Thanks, Peter, I've submitted my bug report to the Tracker.

Here's the link to it:  https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-8928 

PS:  I no longer think it's the table-within-a-table that's causing this issue. I've removed it, but the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumb question, but I haven't ever tried the online review feature. If you use the vertical scroll bar I can see, and go right to the bottom of the page, is there a horizontal scroll bar there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you set up a review to the left of what is in the screenshot in the Active Reviews panel you should see a list of topics. As you double click each one, they should open in the areas shown in separate tabs. You seem to have got two topics open in one tab. I can't tell from your limited screenshot.

I have tried using the Split option by right clicking tabs but it still doesn't look like your screenshot.

Have you tried closing the review and reopening it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is one topic, it has been suggested that you may have set a page width and are using a two column table.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Amber. No, there is no horizontal scroll bar.

Peter, no it's not two topics. It's one topic with a two-column layout (via two-cell table).

I've just tried closing and re-opening the review (and have dumped my browser cache). No change.

One thing I've noticed is how two other pages in the review display just fine. And the review displays those two pages with much narrower columns than they have in the actual document (Screenshot A). The page that gets cut off is handled differently. The review seems to adjust its column-widths only slightly more narrowly (screenshot B). 

SCREENSHOT-A

Review window NOT cut off.PNG

SCREENSHOT-B

Review window cut off 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, when you say, "If that is one topic, it has been suggested that you may have set a page width and are using a two column table," can you give me more guidance?  

Yes, I am using a two-column table to set up the two-column layout.

I'm looking at the table properties of the three pages. And they all look the same (screenshot).  

(Where do I look for "page width"?) 

Thank you!

SCREENSHOT:

Review window cut off table properties.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scroll bar is that little bit of dark grey in you first screen shot. 

Page width might have been set for the body tag in your CSS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the body tag of my CSS (screenshot 1):

SCREENSHOT 1

Review window cut off CSS body.PNG

There's the vertical scroll bar (Screenshot 2), but no horizontal scroll bar, even when scrolled to the very bottom.

SCREENSHOT 2

Review window cut off - scroll bar.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's looking the table is not playing nicely with Review. We can test that tomorrow.

Are there any images in the topic? If there are, then duplicate the topic and remove the images in the copy. Does that play nicely with the review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION!

Peter, good idea re. images. Turns out, images aren't the problem. It's tables (tables within the two-cell table layout), like this:

Review window cut off TABLES.PNG

Actually, I have found one other thing that I think is problematic - a set of drop-downs did not open (screenshot 2):

SCREENSHOT 2

Review window cut off DROP-DOWNS.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think both need to be reported as bugs. Please follow this link to report bugs. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter, I've submitted my bug report to the Tracker.

Here's the link to it:  https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-8928 

PS:  I no longer think it's the table-within-a-table that's causing this issue. I've removed it, but the issue persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I'm experiencing the same issues with the latest RH 2022.3.93 . At first no scroll bar displayed in Chrome. But the scrollbar showed up but with no text - only highlight that I've added with the Review tool.

InnaIak_ko_0-1695894829334.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please add your vote to the bug report.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import that one topic into a new project that uses the same CSS, Send that to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp