• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 CHM: merged help appears in TOC but topics do not open

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, I made some projects in which I merged another CHM. This worked perfectly until now.

I merged the same CHM in another project but the result is not the same.

The TOC of the merged help appears in the parent TOC but when I click a topic in the TOC, nothing happens. Double-clicking also does nothing. When I search for text from the merged CHM, then I find it and I can even click the result which shows the merged help topic. Also clicking a link in the merged help topic to another topic of the merged help works fine. When I then view the TOC and click Back and Forward, the merged help topic is selected in the TOC. However, clicking one of the already viewed merged help topics still doesn't show the topic.

Up to now, I did not yet find any setting that is different between the good and bad projects.

Hopefully someone if familiar with this problem and knows the solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the solution in https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/some-child-chms-don-t-display-topic-in-topic-pane-when-toc-i...

It seems that child CHMs should not contain underscores. I tested and it works now for the problem project.

There however is still must be a reason why underscores in the child CHM worked well with my other projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp